Friday, September 09, 2005

Wedding Woes

Well, it's 30 days until I'm married! I'm excited, but getting really quite stressed out over a number of things.

First off, the apartment furniture! There's been a big hassle with getting our apartment furnished. Tuesday, they were supposed to deliver it, but then for whatever reason, they couldn't. So they were gonna bring it Wednesday between 4-8. I had a Youth Group meeting at 7, so they had to be there before 6. They were there at ten to. And they only brought the living room stuff, and the two mattresses, but the 8-piece bedroom set was absent. Grr. To top it all off, the couch was the wrong colour and a cheap material of upholstery, and it was damaged. And the coffee table was chipped and came unassembled (which isn't a bad thing, but they led us to believe it was coming in one piece.

So yeah, they're delivering the bedroom stuff tonight, as well as new coffee table and end tables. But the new couch set won't arrive until next week! And it'll cost another $200!

Anyway, Melissa and I both want our friend Andrew Hodgkins to MC our wedding reception, but my parents are set on one of their friends doing it. They seem to think that I want Andrew just to please Melissa, and that it should somehow be my decision because she's made the other ones, and I've just gone along with them. This is sooo not true! Our decisions have been very evenly split--and that mainly because we haven't disagreed on a whole lot.

But my parents are really, absurdly passionate about this other person doing it, and it's really frustrating. Anyway, I have to call Andrew and ask him to do it. If he says no, then maybe we'll go with my parents' friend. But yeah. I want Andrew!

30 more days...Just 30 more days...*sigh*

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Way ta go Greg, you've sucessfully cancelled the drop-in. Andrew has agreed readers, and won't be able to do the drop-in on Friday. Bah.

lol, good work Gregory.

~Dave~

3:00 PM  
Blogger Gregory said...

Actually, there's been a misunderstanding. The Rehearsal is on the 30th. Drop-In is on this Friday!

Hooray for Zoidberg!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Dave = Supreme

5:55 PM  
Blogger Gregory said...

It doesn't end! My dad actually told me to get out of the house (obviously idle threat since I'm moving out in 3 weeks) and that he won't come to the reception if his choice doesn't do it.

You know what? That move made me decide that even if Andrew chooses not to MC, dad's choice still won't be picked. I'm not giving in to temper tantrums, whether my (future) kids throw it or my parents!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Gregory said...

Yeah, so these robot spammer things are annoying as hell!

If that was a real person, WHY WOULD HE POST A LINK TO AN ONLINE DATING SITE ON A RANT ABOUT MY WEDDING PLANS?!?!?!?!?!?!

Geez~!

Oh, and update, we gave in to my parents' demands. Ah well. Can't win them all.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

reading the blog for the first time... just about all of the posts being read... I like what you guys are doing and I think the bear is rather funny... anyway, yeah, drop-in stayed cancelled that week, but I ended up having to get my brakes on my car fixed that day anyway (STOOPID GRINDING), and I am in no way put out at not getting to emcee... less pressure... although I feel bad for you and Melissa, cuz your parents were pushing you around on the issue when it's YOUR wedding. If it makes you feel any better, I probably would've been a good choice as emcee... lol... or not, but I do appreciate having been offered the position.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Gregory said...

Hey Andrew, thanks for stopping by!

And yeah, we're still pretty bummed about it...

Of course, familial problems have extended beyond that issue. It's soooo frustrating! I've seen a whole different side of my parents that I wish I never had! If I had time, I'd blog about it...maybe after the honeymoon. We'll see.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home