Wednesday, July 13, 2005

On a lighter note...

Blogging and Personal Preferences Survey:

Why do you blog?

At Grace for the Wayward Heart, I blog to keep people updated as to the talks and happenings of St. Andrew's Youth Ministry, to provide teaching on the Catholic faith for a teenage audience.
Here, I blog to rant about frustrations or to debate religious and philosophical ideas that don't really fit under the umbrella of Grace for the Wayward Heart.

What has been your best blogging experience?

I'm still pretty new to the blogosphere, so I'm not entirely sure. Probably the encouragement I brought to Mel, Lauren, Joe, and Dez when I published "Impressed" at Grace for the Wayward Heart

What would be your main advice to a novice blogger?

Don't do it if you don't have time. Either you'll get addicted and shirk other responsibilities, or you'll never update and frustrate all your readers.

If you only had time to read three blogs a day, what would they be?

www.socrates58.blogspot.com, www.dailydisciple.blogspot.com, www.katablog.blogspot.com

Who are your spiritual heroes?

St. Thomas the Apostle, St. John de Brebeuf, and St. Maximillian Kolbe

What are you reading at the moment?

I have a few books on the go, none of which I've been actively reading. I have been reading my new Bible, though. The Bible Study group that I led bought me a New Jerusalem Bible as a thank you!

What is your favorite hymn and why?

I have to pick one?! I'm not sure if "How Deep the Father's Love for Us" is a hymn, but I think it is. It's a beautiful expression of Christ's sacrificial love for us, our sin as the cause for His death, and our salvation as a result of it.

Can you name a major moral, political, or intellectual issue on which you've changed your mind?

I converted to Catholicism from Pentecostalism! As you can see from the last post, I changed my mind on the issue and merit of "religion".

What philosophical thesis do you think that it is most important to combat?

Anything which promotes atheism or materialism. Secondly, ethical relativism.

If you could affect one major change in the governing of your country, what would it be?

As it is, we've got three major political parties: NDP (Left Wing), Conservatives (Right Wing), and the Liberals...somewhere in the middle, combining the worst attributes of each extreme. I want to see our country run by a middle-tier party that combines the best, not the worst, of each!

If you could effect one major policy change in the [Catholic Church], what would it be?

Better homilies, that stick more precisely to explaining and applying the readings, and that have more structure to them, instead of the meandering ones I hear a lot.

What would be your most important piece of advice about life?

Love God and obey His Commandments, because this is your chief purpose!

What, if anything, do you worry about?

The Youth Ministry, that I would live up to the task and not get fired :p

If you were to relive your life to this point, is there anything that you'd do differently?

I would not have dated Amanda MacInnis for 3-odd years, and completely do that period of my life over!

Where would you most like to live (other than where you do now)?

Montréal

What do you like doing in your spare time?

Watch tv, read, draw, hang with friends, blog.

What is your most treasured possession?

My new Bible! Then my leather coat!

What talent would you most like to have?

Organisational skills.

If you could have any three guests, past or present to dinner, who would they be?

Our Lord Jesus, John Paul the Great, and C. S. Lewis

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark 1:17 said...

1. My friend Ken moved to NYC and found this a good way to keep in touch. God then put it upon my heart to expand my comfort zone and write about Him...until this point I was not a writter...it's all Him!

2. Keeping in touch with Ken and having something to look back at and reread what I learned...that is so nice!

3. I am a novice...No advice.

4. www.kenvsthecity.blogspot.com
www.joelrosenberg.blogspot.com
www.dianaway.blogspot.com

5. Jesus Christ, Paul, and Peter

6. Just finished "i am not but i know I AM" and "The Air I Breathe" by Louie Giglio and "The Way I was Made" by Chris Tomlin now I am onto "Experiencing God" by Henry T Blackaby & Claude V King as well as continually reading the Bible.

7. How Great Thou Art/Beautiful Savior...do they need an explanation?

8. Women as Pastors. I used to think why not...that was about 7 years ago...before I was a Christian!

9. Anything that isn't from a Biblical World View! Passionate ones are: Evolution, Homosexuality, and atheism/paganism.

10. Ummm...that the U.S. would go back to its roots founded in Christianity and not let the courts change our laws!

11. Not Catholic...I'll let you do that.

12. We are all worshipers! Who/what do you Worship? Don't steal worship from God...He doesn't like it (Insert a serious but joking tone of voice)!

13. I try not to! But I'm human so, my job, my friends, my family, yeah almost everything...then I remember that God is in control!

14. Nothing, my life has made me who I am today, and that is how God wanted me to be!

15. Austin,Tx or San Diego, Cal

16. Golf, Disc Golf, Tennis, Read, Movies, Boating, Hang out and talk.

17. Jesus Christ and His Word

18. A Better Guitar player

19. Jesus Christ, Paul, and Peter.

That was fun! Thanks!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Gregory said...

LOL, Thanks Dave!

But the bracketed [Roman Catholicism] was sort of an [Insert religion here] question, if you wanted to revisit it!

God bless!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Hidden One said...

1. Because I want to. Maybe I learn stuff, maybe I help people.

2. Dunno. There've been a few good ones in disguise (as bad ones).

3. If you don't have time, don't do it.

4. www.waywardheart.blogspot.com, www.righteousandwicked.blogspot.com, www.dailydisciple.blogspot.com

5. St. Paul, St .Augustine, a few others.

6. Zvi, various Bibles. The Deutero-Canonical books.

7. Too many to list! I'll go with the duo of Amazing Grace, because it had a profound affect on a friend quite recently, and Holy, Holy, because everybody forgets the lyrics.

8. From Protestantism to Catholicism.

9. Relativism and Spiritual Passivity (as a good thing). The world is in a spiritual war the likes of which dwarfs every other yet in scale.

10. Plop a bunch of qualified, spiritually-mature, logically-minded, God-fearing, humble Christians into government.

11. A dcotrinal stance on Evolution/Creation, please and thank you.

12. Love, selflessly, above all.


13. My friends, that they would all be saved. Adn that the Saved ones would grow spiritually.

Well, I worry that I haven't (enough).

14. Most of my life.

15. Poland or the Yukon.

16. blog, research thology, roleplay, read, write.

17. My Salvation. If I can truly call it mine, its what I treasure most.

18. The ability not to sin.

19. Jesus, St. Paul, Gregory. (lol!)

Sincerely in Christ,
Hidden One.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home