Friday, September 22, 2006

Sir Guy de Sainte-Croix



Dave likes posting pics of his characters here, so I thought I'd do the same.
This is Sir Guy de Ste-Croix, a Crusader-Knight central to a Pilgrim's Progress-esque story I'm thinking about, but Catholic. Like Pilgrim's Progress, all the character names reflect their characters or their roles. Sir Guy de Ste-Croix is the hero/priest/leader character, who, like the mediaeval Crusaders, his primary job is to guide and protect people on their pilgrimage to the Holy Land. Hence his name, "Guide of the Holy Cross."

I've been considering drafting it up more as a videogame rather than simply a story, but I can't do programming. Of course, if anyone does maybe we could collaborate.

The basic idea would be that Sir Guy would journey through the labyrinthine levels, encountering and enlisting (or rescuing) pilgrims. At the end of each level, he (with them) would fight a different biblical demonic foe: Asmodeus, Legion, Apollyon, The Beasts of Revelation, and finally the Dragon himself, Satan. Through these conflicts, he must bring his charges to the Holy Land, Heaven.

So yeah, that's about as far as I've gotten with that.
Any comments?

God bless
Gregory

(And Dave, I don't want to hear, "He's French, it sucks." or any such thing. His name is mainly an historical reflection of when Crusaders existed. He's Norman-English.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Kataron said...

He's french. It sucks. French. Sucks. FRENCHIE!

Err...Actually, that sounds like a semi-interesting game. I'd play it. I could probably program it too, although I'm not a graphics man, it would end up being entirely text-based, but I don't have the attention span for even that.

NATE!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Greg, I absolutely LOVE that picture.

Nayce.

(Damn frenchies...heh, they can't read things in brackets)

~Dave~

8:40 PM  
Blogger Hidden One said...

I like the pic, myself. :)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Gregory said...

Hey Nate, if we collaborated (and maybe brought Jared in), and I did the graphics ('cause I am a graphics man--I'd just need to know how to incorporate my pics into a program), that would be sweet.

But then, attention spans and all.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragements, guys.

God bless
Gregory

10:07 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

http://www.soft32.com/download_19811.html

Ta daa!! Use it wisely my friend, if you need help, I'm currently trying to figure it out. So, if you need any help, I 'might' be able to.

But don't count on it...

6:12 PM  
Blogger Gregory said...

Thanks, Beck!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Ohhh! It's SO delicious.. Get it? Soda-Licious? Because it's soda candy, that is delicious...

Brilliant.

~Dave~

7:04 AM  
Blogger Gregory said...

...

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home