Sunday, May 07, 2006

Problem Resolution

Matthew 18:15
"If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother. If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector."
Jesus gives us some advice for resolving our issues with each other. My question is, why doesn't anyone actually follow that advice?!

Very often, in my work or in my personal life, I do things that I think are right, but someone takes issue with. That's understandable. I'm not perfect. The problem is, though, that the person with the issue never actually approaches me with their concern. They stew about it, tell some other people, then finally tell someone like my employer, who, after this has been over and done for months, finally tells me there was a problem at all! So not only can the situation not be immediately or effectively dealt with, communication breaks down altogether between me and the offended party!

If you have and issue with me, please talk to me! If I don't listen, then bring in the heavyweights! That's the biblical way, the way Jesus taught us.

Talk to me. I don't bite. Honest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gregory said...

In the recent incident with the post entitled "Apology and an Explanation", those to whom it was addressed went to my employer and said to him that my behaviour was that of "a teenager being chastised by his parents." Maybe it was, but in my defence, most parents speak directly to their teenagers.

So before you call me immature in a situation, have the maturity to inform me that there is a situation, and maybe we'll get a lot farther.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Couldn't agree more.

Well, I -could-, but I'd probably have a stroke.

~David~

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home