Tuesday, October 11, 2005

No It's Not

"Life's a bitch and then you die, so fuck the world and let's get high..."

Ever seen that before? That's the druggie code. I believe they swear allegiance to that when they get up in the mornings. Well, before they light up anyways.

Let me rewrite that to make some sense:

Life is interchangeably good and difficult in a period of time stretching from birth to...well...like 20 years in our case. After which you reach your final resting place; the post events of which are unknown. So nuts to the future and possibility, and sanity and let's destroy our bodies, minds, and make life difficult for all those who involve themselves in our self-worthless lives. . . . . .yay drugs!

There.

I'm at the line of punching/stabbing these people who devalue life just because they can't see a point to it all. Look, even if there is no point, and even if we are only here because of some natural coincidence, does it make any sense to waste what life you have by breaking yourself and making things difficult for others?

The main argument I hear all the time about life's worthlessness, suggests that life is short so have fun. This is a terrible way to look at things in a productive world. Firstly, 'fun' as some of these people describe it, is getting drunk or stoned, vandalizing and other petty criminal offences, and general meanness to one's self, and one's environment. To seek pleasure at someone else's expense is greed, plain and simple. Greed is what tears the human race apart.

People seem to be inheritly greedy; always wanting more possessions, more money, more power. Always wanting more. Gas at ungodly prices makes the gas company and the government a lot of money. But, gas-powered cars destroy the environment. There are many, MANY other sources of fuel. Water, electricity, natural oils found in plants. All cheap, all environmentally safe. But these wont keep the cash flowing. And this will destroy, nothing more. I'm no hippie. I'm not an environmentally active...activist... But I know bull when I see it. That's just a good example. Greed is killing the o-zone, and therefore is melting icecaps, killing arctic wildlife, and indirectly, killing YOU.

It's Greed that keeps the Poor poor, and the rich, fat.

There's a rant for you.

Life is worth every second. Not being able to find a reason for life is not an excuse for getting stoned and helping knock down the structural integrity of society. When I can't understand what life is about, I always try to go pro. Pro. Good. My life is about making other lives better. I gave away all the money I had at one time to my buddy Nate, so he'd have headphones, and a better time at the retreat. I always help my dad with boring and terribly dreadful legion stuff, because he believes in the cause. Instead of complaining, make it better. Clean and sober.

Good luck.

~Dave~

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Well said, my friend. I agree with you, completely.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

*twitch*

6:08 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Welcome to the O-ZONE. Population...YOU!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home