Sunday, March 26, 2006

Pray for Me...

That pretty much sums it up.

By nature, I'm a very melancholic person. I'm emotional, tending to the side of depressed. By contrast, I can also be a very lighthearted, funloving, joyful person. According to personality tests that I've done, I'm "Melancholic-Sanguine". Whatever. Basically, I feel things quickly and powerfully, whether good, happy feelings, or the opposite.

It makes ministry quite the roller-coaster.

When things are going smoothly and wonderfully, I'm elated and enthusiastic. But it takes just a small snag to trip me up and bring me right down. And youth ministry is laden with many such snags. Of course, thankfully, the opposite is also true. When I'm down, it just takes a kind word of support and encouragement to lift me back up.

I got sick this weekend, and I think it's mainly because of the snags weighing me down and stressing me out. Certain aspects of my job have given me grief, and lately, I've been spiritually lax. Today, being sick, I slept in, rather than getting up to go in early to church. Instead, I went to my old church with my wife, and afterward drove her to work. But at my old church, St. Margaret Mary, Fr. Kuzma (who was just ordained last summer!) reminded us of 2 things. #1, this Sunday of Lent is the "joyful Sunday", where the Church reminds us that penitence and fasting isn't supposed to be about doom and gloom, but to unite us more closely to Jesus' Cross, which is the source of all joy. The second thing he reminded us is that yes, Jesus' Cross truly is the source of all joy!
"So I'll cling to the old rugged cross
And exchange it someday for a crown."
So pray for me, and for the St. Andrew Youth Ministry. May Christ grant me the strength to stay true and carry on.

God bless
Gregory

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Greg,

Give me a call. I'd like to speak with you.

Christopher

7:10 AM  
Blogger Gregory said...

Hey Chris. Sorry, I've been so delinquent in calling.

I'll give you a call this evening (Monday). If you get this, is there a bad time?

God bless
Gregory

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home